Gord & Debbie Wadds
6605 W. Simpson Rd.
Ovid, MI 48866
Phone: (517) 927-2908
Gordon J. Wadds
Certified Equine Appraiser & Equine Expert
6605 Simpson Rd., Ovid, MI 48866
Certified Equine Appraiser #01538
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE APPRAISER
* First Baptist Church Ovid Michigan Advisory Board
* American Society of Equine Appraisers since 1995
* American Paint Horse Association, member since 1974
* Pinto Horse Breeder's Association, member since 2000
* American Buckskin Registry Association, member since 2006
* International Buckskin Horse Association, member since 2006
* American Quarter Horse Association, member since 1964
* National Snaffle Bit Association, member since 1983 (inception)
* Michigan Quarter Horse Association (past director), since 1985
* Ontario Quarter Horse Association (past executive), since 1965
* Honors Graduate St. Andrews College, Canada
* University of Guelph, Canada, Pre-veterinary Medicine
* Courses in Equine Management, Genetics and Reproduction
* Master Farrier (Blacksmith) North Texas Farriers College, 1071
* Studied advanced horseshoeing with European Certified Master, Harry Vriens, Canada, 1972-1974
* Completed study of Equine Law by Attorney Julie I. Fershtman; World Leader in Equine Law.
Current president and owner of Gord Wadds Horses, Ovid Michigan (www.gordwadds.com)
This business boasts an exclusive clientele of amateur, youth and professional horse owners and riders who train and show regionally and nationally under the professional guidance of Gord Wadds.
In addition to the training, showing, breeding and marketing of find show horses, this operation produces clinics, authors articles and courses, lectures and demonstrations on selecting, training, breeding and selecting show horses for university equine programs, colleges, 4-H groups, and major equine events in the United States, Canada and Europe.
Gord Wadds has been instrumental in the training, consulting, marketing, promoting, buying and selling literally hundreds of registered quarter horses, paint horses, appaloosas and thoroughbreds since 1965.
He has won world championships and has many futurity and horse show winners in halter, western pleasure, hunger under saddle, trail, western riding, reining, driving, youth, amateur and non-pro events.
Training students who have achieved regional and national titles such as All-Around Youth at the All American Quarter Horse Congress (world's largest horse show) in Columbus, OH and gold medalist in equitation at the 2006 Youth World Cup.
Winning regional and national titles annually, this business also manages world class breeding stallions, makes client recommendations on positive genetic crosses for many small and large scale breeders, as well as raising weanlings, yearlings and older horses for public and private sales in the United States and Europe.
Gord Wadds is also a professor in equine studies with "HorseCoursesOnline", the leading provider of online equine courses to schools and universities, including Breyer State University, Equine Studies Institute and South Carolina Aiken. .
Regularly referred equine appraiser and expert for:
1. American Quarter Horse Association
2. National Snaffle Bit Association
3. American Society of Equine Appraisers
4. Julie Fershtman: Worlds leading equine attorney; author of "Equine Law", Volumes I and II
5. Professional Auction Services Inc. - World's largest horse auction company
Producing the world's largest two horse sales:
1. The All-American Congress Sale, Columbus, OH
2. The AQHA World Championship Show Sale, Oklahoma City, OK
6. Countless equine attorneys and major insurance companies